About client & task
East Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Café | Retail
|Design:||One Alliance Project Consulting|
Completion: August 2014
Photography: Full Frame Commercial Photographers
This unique Cafe, Produce, Grocer, Deli is situated in East Brisbane within a retrofitted service station garage.
Original elements were maintained in the design such as garage doors, weatherboards and exposed internal timber structures to pay homage to the original use of the space as well as create a space that is highly unique. The café boasts impressive square-line refrigerated cases to showcase the delicious cakes, macrons, handmade salads and rolls whilst maintaining an open-kitchen style design. Two separate dining areas allow users to choose a more interactive or more private atmosphere.
To complement the café offer, a gourmet deli and fresh produce store is integrated as part of the overall space. Joinery was designed to reflect the rustic nature of the garage by using galvanised steel as the main material. Bespoke display shelving and custom category signage further add to the rustic charm of this unique space.
Unique Project Features
- Bespoke category café signage
- Bespoke shelving and displays
- Green herb wall behind deli
- Open café design
- Combined café, deli and providore offering achieved within a relatively small footprint.
- Service station and car garage elements retained to enhance rustic nature of design.
- Interior design, finishes selections and details reflected unique product offering.
- Short documentation and fitout period.