About client & task
Brisbane QLD, Australia
Size | Internal 138m2 / External 70m2
Completion | July 2015
Photography | Scott Burrows Photography
Design | One Alliance Project Consulting
Construction | JBM Projects
Raw Energy is a café concept which originated on the Sunshine Coast and revolves around the idea of ‘fresh food that is served fast in a funky environment’. The Brisbane CBD store was the first venture for the franchise in an urban city context. The CBD design, developed by One Alliance Project Consulting, tweaked the original palette of the franchise whilst staying true to its brand heritage. The palette was adapted for a city environment by replacing the colours of the brand with textures and materials that reflected the urban context.
The material palette was influenced by the fresh, healthy menu Raw Energy focuses on utilising materials that were rustic, raw and still in their natural state. The use of raw polished concrete, exposed ceiling services and rough sawn timber enhance the overall Raw Energy offering.
A unique and defining pattern was also developed by abstracting the three fruits of the Raw Energy logo which has been repeated throughout the space through the use of custom ceiling panels, a dividing screen and feature column cladding. These custom elements were finished in a rust texture to further enhance the natural and rustic concept. A green wall was installed adjacent to the fully functional bar to also reflect Raw Energy’s fresh focus.
One Alliance and affiliated consultants helped Raw Energy Brisbane CBD to obtain their liquor licence and develop a unique health focused drinks menu and new dinner menu staying true to the much loved existing breakfast and lunch menu. One Alliance also managed town planning approvals to increase storage capacity and services to ensure the restaurant back of house functions were effective and efficient to support the large menu offering.
Unique Project Features
- Fully functional bar with unique organic and preservative free beers and wines.
- Development of unique branding elements through custom screens.
- Sourced equipment to upgrade from base selection to suit large volume turnover in city setting.
- Full project scope from concept design to handover of space.
- Combination of indoor and outdoor seating areas with a seating capacity of 92.
- Increasing leasable and storage area for client .
- Helped obtain liquor licencing through affiliated consultants.
- Development of existing brand into a new brand palette for an urban setting.